XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Playstation 4 thread

Post by lestat »

That's jasper for ya, keeps wanting to drag Nintendo shit into other threads. Not like he has a massive thread with CAPS header titles to bore people with already.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I got my PS4 pro yesterday, transferred all my content over and set it up, that took around 4 hours.

Quickly tried out infamous and ratchet and clank before work. Holy Cow does it look insane, so crisp and detailed, HDR really pops on these 2 games, especially Ratchet which just looks glorious.

In terms of heat/noise the PS4 pro seems a little cooler to touch and the fan level is a little bit lower compared to my launch PS4. I'm glad there are no glossy parts this time and I like the LED strip at the front, interesting it seems like the controllers have been revised because you can see the led colour through the top of the touch pad.

Overall seems like a nice bit of kit, if you have a 4k tv it's a must have upgrade. Very happy. :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

HDR makes a bigger difference than just going from 1080p to 4K in my opinion. It's unreal...
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah I find in games the lighting looks a lot more natural, you can see detail in shadows even when there are big specular reflections/highlights, you get nice punchy colours. It does change the way a game looks.

4k is a nice improvement too, cleans up aliasing, texture detail in the distance is clearer and you can notice fine details on characters even when zoomed out. 4k is really just a clarity boost, doesn't really change the look of a game.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Totally agree on both points. What TV do you have?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Samsung 82MU7000(known as 82MU8000 in the US), upgraded the AV receiver for Atmos too, my atmos speakers should be arriving any day now, but that's more for XOX.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Awesome! Keen to see pics of your setup once complete. My new games room is nearly finished...
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

PS4 Pro $469 JB, if anyone is looking to upgrade.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Witcher 3 patch for PS4 Pro version of the game is out. (lets you see better graphics for Pro owners):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... experience" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... on-ps4-pro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sony made the right decision to go with mid-generation upgrade of hardware now that 4K tv is becoming common standard for living room tv. What Sony need to do now:: release a clone open world rpg series like the Witcher which they control. (much like how Bloodbourne was to Souls series)

This way they can code in-house engine to specifically use the sony hardware to its max. This will enhance the PS4 Pro sales if it is exclusive that you can't play on pc. In the old days sony had RPGs like Legend of Dragoon (their clone of final fantasy 7). They need an open world RPG game for when MS dominates them with their XBox One X hardware which is more powerful.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GT Sport should be playable at 8pm AEST today.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Thread bump. It’s ONLINE!

60fps locked from the looks of it with no screen tearing.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I'm not wasting 43gb on a demo, it does look glorious from what I've seen though. Not sure if I'll pick it up when it releases unless the actual structure is completely overhauled. I got burnt on GT5.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Playstation 4 thread

Post by flipswitch »

It’s not a demo though, it’s the full game but most of it isn’t accessible until you purchase it.

Campaign mode = license tests
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah performance is good here, locked 60fps, after online became active finally kicked into 4k mode. It's a bit buggy, the game crashes when online if you go to options.

Driving model feels a little better, sound is still sorely lacking and there is very little use of the surrounds. The AI is still the same boring brain dead line chasing, except they at least avoid you a bit better when passing.

Graphics are a mixed bag, sometimes the lighting looks excellent and then you see the cardboard trees and photo like skybox, the lack of weather or changing time of day stands out now, everything just looks so static.

I'm still scratching my head wondering what they've been doing all this time, Sony were crazy to get rid of the drive club team imo.

License tests again, yawn. Why do they make you do that boring shit, we know how to fucking drive already.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Sounds about right, had no crashes though, might be a pro feature :).
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Slight bump for tomorrow’s launch. Who’s picking it up? Reviews should be soon to,
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Impressions so far have been really good with a lot saying the best since GT3.

Might cave end of this week as I'll be in Brisbane for 3 days and I'm sure Big W or Target will have it at a very appealing price.

*edit*
Even Eurogamer compared it to GT3
This is possibly the most focused, directly enjoyable game Polyphony Digital has put out since the heady days of Gran Turismo 3. Racing improves the breed, industrialist Soichiro Honda once said, and Gran Turismo Sport is proof positive of that. [Recommended]
Last edited by t0mby on 17 Oct 2017 07:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I think there's a version with a controller for like $120 at Big W?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

What sort of controller, a DS4? I don't really need another as I've got 3 including the one that came with the Pro that has still been sealed since Nov last year. :lol:
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Yeah some sort of limited edition one
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Had a look in the Big W catalog and it says buy the game for $69 and get the pad for $60 (normally $80).

Pad looks like a generic white one with GT on the touch pad. Wonder if it's more like the Pro pad or the Slim pad.
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

Tempted to pick this one up, but I'm seeing conflicting reports about whether offline mode is gimped or not.

I have zero interest in online play - can anyone confirm or deny that's it's essentially "GT Online"?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I believe you need to be online because the game saves are stored online.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, I read that there's fuck all to do offline, licenses and that's about it? Moola and progress is saved online. Apparently people are saying it should've had "PS+ Subscription Required" on the box. Understandable.

Shame, doesn't sound much like my cup of tea. I'll wait till it's in a sale or there's been some updates worthy of a purchase.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Right now the severs are down lolz. Can’t do much knowing that you wont be able to save your progress, and if you’re unable to connect to the internet you can only play arcade mode.

Actually it won’t let me do anything other than play arcade mode

You can't do anything, it's literally just arcade mode. You cannot even view your cars in the garage.

See how everything is greyed out.