Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Jasper »

Look at hypocrite lestat hyping up a multiplayer shooter that's running at a pathetic 30fps! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If PUBG was a PS4 console exclusive and running at 30fps on PS4 Pro...he would be non-stop trolling the fuck out of the Playstation 4 thread like the hardcore xbot jihadist he truly is! :wanker:

Remember when lestat was making fun of how DOOM (also a shooter) on Nintendo Switch runs at 30fps... :?

lestat wrote:Doom 30fps :rollin:

How about when lestat was criticizing the PS4 exclusive DLC for Destiny 2 (also a shooter that runs at 30fps)... :?

lestat wrote:Lol same shit, Destiny 2 DLC announced off the bat. :rollin:

At least you don't have play the same content over and over again at ghetto 30fps now. :rollin:

I guess lestat likes to pick and choose when it's OK and not OK for a shooter to run at "ghetto 30fps". In a nutshell, it's never OK if it's on PS4/Switch, but it's perfectly fine (with the offical lestat seal of approval) for a shooter to run at "ghetto 30fps" on the "world's most powerful console ever". :wanker:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Doom runs at 60fps+ on any other platform except switch.

PUBG runs sub 60fps on powerful PC rigs.

No hypocrisy just facts, people who actually play games see these facts for themselves.

It would be great if PUBG was 60fps but anyone who's followed the game knows how unoptimised it is.

It's also 3rd person and not a twitch shooter, so this is why the poor framerate hasn't impacted gameplay. It's not like CSGO and other much faster shooters. You're basically just doing a lot of running and camping.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Some new DF comparisons.
A full-fat native 4K for Destiny 2 on Xbox One X? Yup, that's exactly what you get here - no checkerboarding, no dynamic res. So how does the new port match up against PS4 Pro and PC versions of the game?
Let's be clear - you're not getting a native 4K upgrade here on Xbox One X, but what you are getting is a 56 per cent boost in resolution over PS4 Pro, plus a range of graphics upgrades pulled over from the PC version. The end result is pretty sweet...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

...but 30fps.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

60 fps reserved for 1080ti users. Wildlands scrapes in at 60fps at 1440p, really taxing game even for the 1080Ti.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Good to see consoles making the pc gamer worry a bit. MS Just need to encourage devs to optimise the Games to run smooth on xb machines to keep the xb Brand strong. Hint: Offer moneyhat to companies that put effort in to polish the Games to Get Close to pc levels of performance. This will incentivise People to not rush the shit out of releasing the Game and hire better coders who want recognition for making the most of the consoles power rather than Just doing an only good enough effort. First impressions are everything. Once the buyer purchases the console, then you can relax a bit.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Good to see consoles making the pc gamer worry a bit
I own two behemoth PCs, one that runs games at 1440p 144fps, the other than runs games 4k 60fps.

Tell me what I'm worried about here? :lol:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

it’s marketed as a 4K console, and like other consoles they prioritise graphics over frame rate. For 60fps and beyond PC’s got you covered.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:
I own two behemoth PCs, one that runs games at 1440p 144fps, the other than runs games 4k 60fps.

Still worrying how lacking PC games are when it comes to HDR.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:

Consoles suceeding = pc gamers crying. Developers make more money porting to all platforms. If they go pc exclusive it limits the total userbase to milk cash from. But pc gamers love to pretend they are the centre for good games. Times are changing. Consoles are becoming more pc like and it scares the pc gamers who still dont even have red dead redemption due to problems of it most likely being pirated like a wii u game. PC = the wild west which is why street fighter 4 tourneys are done using consoles. You already know this. You just want everyone to play only on pc. That is morally wrong because if everyone upgrades thier pc it gives american programmers an excuse to make their games run like crap on normal stuff. EA did when dragon age was ported to console. The paying userbase is sick of it. PC gamers are so entitled. They get shit for free. So all the effort needs to focus on good console code firstly and pc secondly. Not the ither way around. We are the first class citizens and should be treated better. And that is what's happening. PC gamers fear the developers will cater to the console audience more than them. They always do. It is similar to the battle between mobile gaming vs dedicated portable game systems. Sales of games in one usually means less sales in the other. If nintendo release thier games on mobile it would kill thier own platforms.
Similarly pc gamers fear consoles succeeding. They hate the idea that the lead platform is for a weaker platform instead of pc being the lead platform and the game being ported down to consoles. It means they have to wait longer. PC gamers hate console gamer's guts. But they also NEED us if they want triple A games to be made with big budget. They hate that they need us. It reminds them of who they are as dirty pirates that get shit for free and they can't openly admit it or the console gamers win.

If console gamers outnumber the high end pc gamer it means more doom for pc platform as the devs shift focus to consoles first. It's about survival. Much like indie devs not able to make it on steam anymore because of flood of shovelware which makes it hard for thier titles to get noticed and how they are now turning to switch instead where bad games are filtered out to oncrease the visibility of the good stuff which allows them to profit much easier.. Steam fans (who are a subset of pc gamer)must be pissed.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Why did I take this idiot off ignore? :suicide:
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Candy Arse wrote:Why did I take this idiot off ignore? :suicide:
:lol: I remember your advice when I put him on ignore - I liken it to an ad-blocker, there's nothing left but content :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Seeing some mixed reports on PUBG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... n_both_my/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Framerate drops, texture loading issues and people complaining about input lag.

Not sure if it's worth the look if you have it on PC already.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Its amazing that this unoptimised / bug laden game is so popular. A testament to the fun I guess.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Apparently the game preview edition is a download code that they send out to you (if you bought it from microsoft). To be honest,most of the complaints people have I don't experience too often.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Lepo5 wrote:Its amazing that this unoptimised / bug laden game is so popular. A testament to the fun I guess.
Just like Day Z was back in the day, buggy pos but bloody enjoyable nonetheless.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

installing now...It's only 5.24GB...not sure why, the pc version was around 11GB or so.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Apparently no Oceana servers yet according to a post in ResetEra. Just NA and Europe.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Cletus wrote:installing now...It's only 5.24GB...not sure why, the pc version was around 11GB or so.
I heard it was 30gb, that makes more sense
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Wow, that needs a lot of work.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Microsoft Seal of Quality?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

We've put a little time into the game on both a base Xbox One and the high-end Xbox One X now, and here's the shocking truth: it's basically the current PC version of PUBG. Well, not quite. There's a missing map, which will arrive 'soon' as free DLC, and some performance sacrifices have been made – but they're not unanimously good or bad. Stability and predictability have been prioritised over lush visuals, a trade I'm happy with if it means having the game on console.
On a standard Xbox One or Xbox One S, PUBG runs comparably to the PC version's medium graphics setting, with an overall reduction in detail, lowered draw distances, and some noticeable pop-in. The game also runs at 30 FPS, but does this with many fewer dips than I tend to get on the PC version. There was some unreliable audio and frame dipping in the lobby, and when making the initial parachute jump down to the map, all of which is undeniably irritating. But you can really see where the focus has gone: once you're firmly on the ground, multiple person firefights hold up nicely. It would be easy to look at what PUBG 'loses' in the move to Xbox, but the fact is that this port has made good decisions in favour of stability where it's most important.
The Xbox One X version of the game is also locked to a 30 FPS maximum, but does a better job at staying stable during the lobby and plane jump. The graphics are also noticeably improved, closer to the PC version's high settings, and the pop-in and draw distance issues are better – it's not quite matching a high-end PC's performance, but it's nearly there, and certainly performs much better than the S or regular versions.
After playing PUBG on Xbox for a while, that's all there really is to say. It's the PC version of the game, at a lower but slightly more reliable framerate, running on a console, lagging a little behind on updates like the new Miramar desert map. All players are locked to a consistent max framerate and control scheme, which does help level the playing field, and if Xbox is your only option then this certainly delivers PUBG on Xbox.
Framerate is bad. Gets as low as 12fps. :sick:
Still needs a lot of work. At least it's native 4k on X, 1080p on S.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

PUBG IS ON AVERAGE 27FPS (BUT DIPS AS LOW AS 10FPS) ON XBOX ONE X :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :puke:

XBOTS = :suicide:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Take a look at the Xbox One version. What a fucking MESS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat