Street fighter 30th anniversary collection, 12 games!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Street fighter 30th anniversary collection, 12 games!

Post by lestat »

Coming to PS4/Xbox/Switch/PC. May 2018. $40US.

Everyone can enjoy greatness. :up:

Feel bad for switch owners that bought SF2 earlier in the year.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Re: Street fighter 30th anniversary collection, 12 games!

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

That's amazing... Damn good deal.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Whyyyyyyyy.

Do people want this?
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Damn, that looks good. Though having been emulating care free for years (put enough coins thru the arcade to justify it imo) it's hard to justify the purchase price. But like I said, it LOOKS good. Would be nice to have it all in one place, especially if theres a nice physical copy. I'll see what the ports are like.
Last edited by F for Fake on 11 Dec 2017 01:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

All these games in one location is fantastic. Those 4 in particular coming with online play is really good...provided the netcode holds up of course.

Looking forward to GameHED and Jasper ducking me at all these games :)
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

That's because they're gutter trash

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Madmya wrote:Whyyyyyyyy.

Do people want this?

me. play sf3 third strike and alpha 3 all the time. when you put them on new machines you dont have to keep the old console out for regular play. will probably get switch version because i like carts.

I think SNK should copy capcom and re-release metal slug anthology for switch but this time put metal slug 7 and xx on it too.
then do a kof bundle. old fighting games are fun as retro experiences which bring back memories as well as give new players to fighting game series a chance to catch up. This lets people late to the party also feel like they can support the developers if the machines they owned the games on died and they had to pirate roms to still be able to play them. capcom is fucking poor. That's why they went with cheap cg 3d polygon graphics ever since sf4 over the old hand drawn sprites from the past. Wish they never did that.. You saw how good Cuphead looked right? Thats the shit fans want more of. Don't like the cg graphics in KOF 14 that much either. I prefer the flat comicbook style from KOF13.

anyway if you don't care for it don't buy. These old games were free of lootbox crap. It might be the last time we ever see that again before earth is destroyed by global cataclysm engineered by Gill with only elite street fighters being allowed to live on. (no mobile gamer fags allowed in the new world order's genocidal plan)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

lestat wrote:

Coming to PS4/Xbox/Switch/PC. May 2018. $40US.

Everyone can enjoy greatness. :up:

Feel bad for switch owners that bought SF2 earlier in the year.
well that version gives you HD redrawn sprites. So technically its not the same as the super turbo on this right?

Also I would like to see SF Alpha 3 MAX (this was a version of SFA3 on psp with a handful of extra characters not in the Dreamcast edition of SFA3) as an unlockable extra on the collection. Unlike the base arcade version there were some cool modes in it like a tag mode which let you switch your character in the middle of a fight. Playing as guile and capcom vs snk 2 characters was also fun. It was the most feature-rich alpha 3 game. It is also time capcom made a capcom cinematic universe like marvel/disney is doing and make live action street fighter movies again. Warner bros is trying to do this with thier "dark" universe involving horror monsters. But capcom already has street fighter and darkstalkers and captain commando and strider to place in theirs. it might be a way to boost awareness of thier games.

Remember how cool the mortal kombat movie was? Why can't we get a live action movie of SF like that? Each movie takes place during each of the world tournaments in the games. So far we got 5 numbered sequel so thats 5 movies they can make. Make the movies darker than the games with peoples arms getting broken, bodies split apart, and fighters getting killed from super moves. ie a super hadouken will vaporise the person in the beam similar to kamehameha from dbz.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Very excited for this. Street Fighter 3 has never been officially released on PC and I don't want to do emulation - getting all of these games in one hit will be a massive nostalgia trip. I'm no pro but some of the best weekend mornings were spent playing these games.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

GameHED wrote:

Do people want this?

me. play sf3 third strike and alpha 3 all the time. when you put them on new machines you dont have to keep the old console out for regular play. will probably get switch version because i like carts.
Fair call. I just figured if you have a favourite version, why would you want to play anything else? Kind of like a Forza Motorsport compilation... but that's probably not a great comparison considering game mechanics change considerably between different Street Fighters.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GameHED, getting Switch version despite not owning a Switch?
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Just hope the port is good.

Maybe finally we'll get a decent port of Super turbo?
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I'm keen for this. I'd love to play these games online and my life is a complicated mess as it is. I'll pay for convenience. Take my money Capcom.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Also at PAX they had a competition to get the highest score in third strike arcade mode and the prize was a red bull arcade machine with all these games on it. It must have been a preview version of this title.
I got equal 4th place in the Mortal Kombat II tournament and made friends with a guy who ended up winning it. I recently made my own arcade machine from scratch so we had plenty to talk about.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

flipswitch wrote:GameHED, getting Switch version despite not owning a Switch?
Will be getting switch and this version of the game. Bought PS4Pro instead of Switch so I have held back on buying one until I am done with Zelda BOTW. Awww what's the matter? Angry at me for not getting pc edition? Tough shit I play arcadey fighters on the go more these days. And SF3 desperately needed to be put on the small screen. In fact I see no reason for capcom to not port SF4 onto switch as well. 3DS port was good for its time. Portables need more arcadey titles. (tekken/sf/mvc) so long as option exist to use arcade sticks when at home.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Madmya wrote:
GameHED wrote:

Do people want this?

Fair call. I just figured if you have a favourite version, why would you want to play anything else? Kind of like a Forza Motorsport compilation... but that's probably not a great comparison considering game mechanics change considerably between different Street Fighters.
Street Fighter 3 officially never came to the small screen though. And the fave version can also be the version that is the most current re-release. A good exampleis mario kart 8 which is just the wiiu version with added stuff. To people who boxed up thier wii u, why should they have two consoles out at the same time? Some people see the new as being an upgrade. Perfect example is if you compare the arcade version of alpha 3 to the dreamcast version to the ps1 version, to the ps vita version to the ps2 version to the new switch re-release.

The new switch re-release is more convenient i Guess than playing older versions of the same game because it's the most likely one you will have on your person when on the go. Therefore it can be considered an upgrade. PSP version and GBA version was the only other portable alternative but who would still be playing on such old machines now and carrying them around?

Let me put it this way. I like Final Fight. It's my fave beat em up. I can play on big screen at home console, on psp/vita, or emulation. Given that I have the choice of all three, what makes portable the best option? The fact that it's with you wherever you go with a bunch of other games as well. It's not that the version is necessarily superior but it offers you option the others don't . Is it the fave version? Maybe not. (GBA version let you mess around with bonus characters) but that's not the point, the current version (playing on vita while traveling) offers something not possible with arcade cabinet version or home re-release. It's therefore going to be the most often played just like you reading books in an ebook method on your phone or tablet library is going to be better or used more often than physical book you carry with you on your backpack. It's the idea that despite the content being identical, you will use it more on the current thing you have on you all the time.

This logic applies to say playing switch version over a psp/vita version of say alpha 3. Why carry two when you need only one? The most current version gives you bigger screen, cart format (I'm old school ok so digital is for when I can't get the physical version) and bundled with other games.

Do you remember when Metal Slug Anthology came out on Wii? I tended to favour the psp version since it let me play on the go, but only play wii version when I have friends in couch co-op. Same game but if you play with buddies, the home console version is more visually easy on the eyes because you can see better on big screen. However in solo mode I would play on small screen because of the convenience to play on the go. It doesn't mean you stop playing your 'fave version' just because the new version is convenient. It just means the option existing now means you can finally box up the older system if you don't play it as often. I don't like tripping over thousands of different wires from thousands of console machines when I can just take games on the go instead and play them anywhere.

'but you could do that' ... yes but these are the most current release. Just like if SF3 fans were happy playing SF3 on xbox360 but too lazy to keep old stuff out because they stored the machine away. Similar to physical books: you kept your house clean storing them. Now an option exist to justread it on handheld form so you don't waste time digging it out from storage. Maybe you like that the physical version is there as investment like old comics or out of print games that no longer can be found digitally or something like that, but that doesn't negate the advanage of reading thatsame book on trains, toilets, in park etc.. Same goes with retro gaming. Metal Slug Anthology isn't better on psp than the wii version. But I think playing on the go offers something to fans of the game who will just buy it on whatever platform it exists.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

seems like a solid compilation.

My idea for capcom:
remake all these games with 4k goodness using 3d polygons that are made to look like 2d hand drawn sprites. Do it capcom. You know you want it.

A remake of the original Street Fighter is much needed. Put in modern fighting mechanics though for the current fighting game crowd.
This can be the test to see if the older crowd is interested in seeing old games remade with modern console tech.

For those who didn't know:
alpha 3 is the best alpha. Your character feels like he can strike his opponent with fierce and roundhouse like a modern martial artist without leaving his limbs stuck out for ages and you can flip out of a mid air hit from the opponent and roll on the ground like a chinese acrobat to escape many annoying things like fireball chuckers. Fuck Alpha 2. Yes in the competitive scene maybe it's more balanced but it's unrefined in feel and control over your character. (so not fluid)
2 might have the better music though.

Anyway with all the money they made from monster hunter, it's time for them to remake the old street fighter games again. Don't go with the SF4 and SF5 look. (dragonball fighter z should be what they model the new SF games after) What I don't want any more of is making the characters look like the bloody action figures:
What I would prefer is the flat anime look of the SF animated movie. (fight scenes in this have aged well and ryu looks bulked up enough to look tough but not slow like the guy in gears of war who can't even jump or scratch his bum)
Street Fighter 3 got the body proportion just right. New ryu in the current games seem a bit too chunky imo. (e.honda had way too much definition on his stomach muscles for a fat guy in SF4. WTF is up with that? Go back to the old look you idiots)

And get Bryan Cranston to voice act Fei Long like in the movie. :up:

edit:
rumour is capcom japan is doing proper port (as opposed to lazy american emulation of base arcade games) of each game and adding way better stuff. Might want to wait and see how the japanese version of this turns out before buying this.
Could we see for instance, home console content grafted into the arcade edition so we can have unique updated version for the home console? Would love to see the home console content in the collection as opposed to just the original arcade versions. This is what players of the old games prefer. Only reason for the original is nostalgia and for retro gamers who just like the older music tracks or other things.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I think this collection is a bit disappointing - you would expect these to be the definitive home versions (at least for the 4 games they added online for), but they are barebones arcade ports. So Alpha 3 is missing features it had on PSX for example. And I think I'd rather play the last-gen version of Third Strike than this one.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

For those of you who were waiting for japanese edition (superior port of the game as opposed to a mere rom dump which is what americans get)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/22 ... /902306461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KungFu Rider
1 day ago #8
There is currently NOTHING on the website that would indicate it would be any different from the Western garbage. So don't count the chickens before they hatch lol! The only thing I predicted correctly so far was the release date.

As for patching, I'll use Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara (an emulation of the original arcade ROMs outsourced by Capcom USA to Iron Galaxy, released in early 2013 in the West only) and Dungeons & Dragons Mystara no Eiyuu Senki (an actual PORT of the arcade original developed by Capcom Japan in-house, released late 2013 in Japan/Asia only) example again. When the Western audience learned that Eiyuu Senki is the superior version, they also had high hopes that Chronicles would be patched to include all the features and goodies from the Japanese release. Turned out it was wishful thinking lol!

So don't be quick to assume that SF 30th Anniversary would get a patch just because the Japanese version got it better. This is especially true if Capcom Japan is in fact developing their own SF collection independent of Digital Eclipse's half-assery whether in-part or wholey.
Here is what I think needs to happen:

capcom usa lets us download a digital copy of the superior japanese version of the same game title if we buy the american version. Then capcom japan give capcom usa permission to let this be a freebie and watch as your profits for local edition skyrocket.

How it would work:
You as the buyer of the USA version send in the receipt to capcom USA to keep, and then they send you a code in email in exchange for proving you bought it. You enter the code and now you can download the japanese edition to your machine so you can get the superior version which will be a port of the game to the console as opposed to a lazy ROM dump.

We know the capcom of japan who make the games treat customers like royalty, so just bloody do it. I'm sick of this shit. The dumb guys always get screwed over and I think this is hurting capcom's overall reputation when you fuck things up. (already people angry at them for lack of modes and shit from the original release of SFV) Monster Hunter was a sucess. Continue that sucess by listening to fan feedback. Also a quality port of SF4 ultra to switch would be bloody nice, so pass that on to whoever decides things. Fighting games are dying off thanks to capcom. (it all started about the time chun lis boob jiggle was edited out)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Megaman wrote:I think this collection is a bit disappointing - you would expect these to be the definitive home versions (at least for the 4 games they added online for), but they are barebones arcade ports. So Alpha 3 is missing features it had on PSX for example. And I think I'd rather play the last-gen version of Third Strike than this one.
Yep I think pretty much everyone agrees there. The excuse is that Digital Eclipse is too lazy to add features that matter because it's just ROMs running from emulator and maybe they don't have skill. Now they responded to fan anger a bit by including training modes to the release in a patch but the truth is we all want what the japanese guys are going to get. Actual ports of those classic title (including the home release ones with added characters and changes) to the machine. I would love to see a port of Alpha 3 MAX because it had some cool tag mode in it. Very cool if you mastered all the characters and want to play with tag team instead of one guy with big health bar.

I think most are buying just to play alpha 3 and third strike to be honest. Third Strike online is still on last gen machines (I play that daily) and many have packed up their legacy machine in the storage. And alpha 3 was last seen on psp and on ps2 as alpha street fighter collection.

So the people who are buying this are probably only getting it for the convenience of not needing to unpack old consoles. So what fans should do is tell capcom to focus on the latest and best versions of those street fighter games and do a port of them instead of giving us more overall games in the collections. Since the later versions are the ones that matter the most. That's how I see it.
Online modes? who cares. It will die off due to lack of funding as capcom is poor and will kill that mode when they kill servers as they are about to be bought by disney and forced to make more MVCI titles with mobile phone graphics and feminists at disney tell capcom to make chun li as ugly as possible to further the SJW agenda of brainwashing the youth while the japanese kids laugh at us for buying the worst versions of the games as they wank off to cammy and morrigan VR porn made by capcom of japan employees under disguised name. Capcom if it listened to me would be fine but they never do.
Two old street fighter games I am into:

Alpha 3 MAX (originaly out on psp but you can play digital copy on PS Vita. Thanks to Vita having good DPAD, it isn't torture :up: )

SF3 Third Strike online edition (currently on ps3 and xbox360 as digital game)

Focus all your energy on just those titles first. Fuck Street Fighter 1. LOL I doubt anyone gives a fuck for that as its the worst in the franchise.

And as for Super Turbo, that already got ported with HD remix so I think demand for it is not as big as demand for the above two titles right now. If you've got ST as a HD remix you kinda have a pretty edition as is.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

I absolutely going to get this games... I still remember the first time I saw the original Street Fight at the arcades with the massive big buttons.

I also remember freaking out when I first saw Street Fighter II, and trying to work out which was the strongest fighter.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Not to mention having to bloody line up because people wouldn't get off the machines...until it was announced they were getting ported to home consoles. After that arcade operators were scared and capcom comes out with champ edition and ken suddenly feel new with different timing to ryu. Capcom and SNK were the king of the arcades in this time. 80s was all about megaman. 90s was Street Fighter. 00s were resident evil sequels. beyond? Monster hunter. The next thing is going to be SF remakes. That's what I think capcom should focus on again but let cappy of japan have control over the look of future games again. (as I said the roided up ryu is too chunky, blanka is not a howling beast anymore with a more softer growl meaning he is a lot weaker than the original street fighter II version, and e.honda is too sexy with his 6pack since SF4 which is making fat people acceptable in society which is not what I want. It's disgusting to be fat and overweight and they tried to make him sexy in SF4. What were these idiots thinking? E.Honda having a 6 pack is the worst design decision I have ever seen. And people thought Ryu's hobbit feet was bad... Talk about blind as a bat. (too much masturbating over 3D to notice the deformities? Street Fighter III and the SF animated movie has the right size imo Stop ruining the characters by making everyone look like he-man too much - you need flexibility as much as muscle and it has gotten to a point where striker characters look like wrestlers now)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

A friend showed me his copy of the game.

The graphics kinda look a bit blurry and the sound doesn't seem very clear compared to SF3 Online edition on last gen. urgh

This is why capcom fans we need to pressure to have the japanese port brought to the west. Grrrrr :down:

SF2 series looks ok on it though. If you never owned a copy of SF Alpha 1, 2, 3 then now would be a good time to dip in as this was last seen on ps2 alpha anthology and PSP which was quite a while ago. (and legacy console machines will one day die off due to overuse so keep this in mind, unless sony re-releases ps2)

I strongly suggest you wait for price drop on this. This is better than nothing but it could have been handled better imo. For example even though capcom says they only wanted to give us raw arcade version, there isn't really any reason why they can't just respect the games by porting the home console ones by waiting until the japanese version is ready and then just release to the west after that is done.

Please consider a version 2 30th anniversary release with all the extra games capcom. I feel like this is a release for noobs who never played any street fighter games before to introduce them to old games, more than a release for the hardcore fans who have seen better releases before this. You released SF5 twice, now do it with 30th anniversary too. lol You have to take pride in your past.
Fans would love to play the latest alpha 3 with all the extra characters and world tour mode.
With the release of these old games I think they should do a HD Remake of third strike like they did with Super Turbo. (duck tales remaster looked beautiful) Get the artist who did the artwork for Super Street Fighter Turbo Revival to do new sprite art for SF3 HD Remix. Only bad thing about Turbo Revival was the bugs that can destroy the cartridge.