XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

SRK forums to close

Post by lestat »

Shoryuken.com launched back in 2000 with the title “Your competitive edge.” Back then, it was pretty tough to get accurate information about mysterious fighting techniques like the “kara cancel.” The goal of this site was to allow hard-core fighting game players to connect, both to share strategies and meet up IRL to play.

Nearly 20 years later, the way we as fighting game fans consume information has exploded. We’re lucky to have a wealth of content out there now, from YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, reddit, and more. In a world of highly-connected players, the need for a centralized info hub is greatly diminished. So, it’s time to say goodbye to the SRK forums.

It’s been an epic ride, and I’m glad that we were able to provide a discussion venue for all aspects of the FGC, from tournament strategies, player meetups, stick-building resources, etc. Thanks to everyone out there who spent time on the site.
http://shoryuken.com/2018/01/08/srk-for ... uary-2018/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like forums are for old bastards like us? Sad news, got lots of great info from there over the years. :(
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: SRK forums to close

Post by Candy Arse »

Discord slammed the door shut on SRK. Been a ghost town there for some time.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah I noticed that recently when I was looking up some info on sticks, I did notice activity is pretty dead there now.

I'm not very familiar with discord, so I'm not sure how good that is to use as a resource, I do find these days youtube is great for combos/guides.

What discord channels do you use Candy?
Last edited by lestat on 09 Jan 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Discord is basically where you go now for info/tech with fighting games as the topics for each game are broken up like a forum ie general chat, character-specific chat/tech/matchups etc plus the usual links to Twitter, YouTube etc.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Links to the discord servers people are using these days?

With Arcade edition/Dragon Ball Z/SF collection. I have a new stick coming and looking to really get back into fighting games. Been really enjoying UMvC3 and KOFXIV lately.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I’ve been using my own stick lately. That Rocco fella on discord knows his stuff.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I use miiverse to beat candy at fighting games. Hanging around 5 year old kids helps me get into his head better so I know what to look out for in smash bros.

Boomy is my inside man to find out what techniques Candy uses so I can improve. Fuck forms and discord. Just play the game regularly you wimps and stop expecting others to tell you what to do all the time which ruins the whole point of competing. The internet has destroyed any mystery behind fighting imo. Only thing I use it for was to figure out what the movelist for Street Fighter Alpha 3 was because capcom forgot to put that in-game like namco did all those years ago in tekken and still can't keep up.

BTW once Dragon Ball Fighter Z comes out, marvel vs capcom is doomed. I think capcom needs to counter ArcSysWorks by getting the license to another fighting anime and making a 2D one-to-one fighter. Marvel comics are slowly going the way of the SJW and putting in stupid politics into the stories due to Disney owning it now. No thank you. I want to go back to the japanese comics where people actually fought for noble reason not as dogs of the government. Either do this or give us SNK vs Capcom 3. The time for dicking around is over. You took out all the modes from SF5 and ruined your reputation. Get it back and beat these other fighting game companies before you go belly up. (brings back 2D sprites again and stop cheaping out with toy story action figure graphics shit hehe)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Looks like the community has come to the rescue and come up with a way to keep the boards alive and make them better than ever. :up:

https://shoryuken.com/2018/01/11/srk-fo ... s-planned/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The forums will survive — possibly even better than before!
We were on the verge of closing a page on FGC history, but the massive — and heartwarming — community response has provided a means to continue this significant FGC hub, as well as galvanizing its importance. From Tom Cannon:

Update! Based on the feedback from the community, we’ve taken a hard, long look at ways to preserve as much of the forums as we can. Thanks to all your thoughts and suggestions, we have a plan that I think is workable, which is to keep the forums up, fully operational, and migrate to Discourse.

Not only will this significantly reduce our costs, but we’ll be able to add some cool new stuff like:

– Infinite scrolling instead of page indicators

– NO ADS

– Perks for users who support the site through Patreon

We’re working now with the team Discourse on a transition plan. The goal is to migrate over with little to no downtime.

Stay locked on to Shoryuken for updates to our forum system as they are rolled out, and thanks for your patience and support!

GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Technically it never officially died like Miiverse, so the more apropriate gif would be Elena using healing super move.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Always sad to see a forum close. The imdb message boards closed recently. I never posted, but it was nice to watch an older movie and go there and find people had discussed the questions I have.
I hate that they always say facebook or something has replaced it. I dont like having to scroll thru a feed/chat log to find something I want to read about.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yeah forums to me are superior for long discussions. The goal of the illuminati is to hook us on the platform they control and then censor our speech over time by placing their guys in moderator position to push a political agenda onto people and bombard them with opinions that are pro NWO. So always hang out in multiple platforms. You are seeing christians and patriots and libertarians shadow banned on places like youtube where discussion takes place in comments sections. Google/CIA owns Youtube. You see what they are trying to do? Get us all to fight each other, then profit from our fighting against each other and then arming one side over the other to create the conflict rather than let everyone go anywhere they feel and everyone be happy. When Hilary lost the election all this commie crap started where individual thought and expression became too dangerous so they had to use SJW to tone police all the areas that you hang out on. So it is best to spread out. Your smart devices are also ways they can spy on your real life discussion through spyware through the camera and microphone. Ever wonder why smart phones require you to have the camera unobstructed in order to turn on? Because they have this stuff inbuilt into your gadgets. LOL

IMDB was great for detailed discussion on movies without fluff piece stuff (you know how IGN and Eurogamer have articles to hype new games and they look like ads for the latest games rather than thier own thoughts and opinion?) and more on serious in-depth analysis and criticism on film.

It's sad that things die and are replaced by inferior-but-more popular platforms that are more politically correct.

There are two types of gangstalking:
-flash mobbing on the streets where you travel to go out to shopping or for a jog.
-the online cyber bullying tactic of tone policing your behavior and trying to shame you for having a opinion that isn't politically correct or in line with the marxist.

The thing that stops the harassment is when the funding dries up. So they need rich guys to keep their operation going. Everytime you buy their products the harassment and mobbing continues. So that is why it is so important to have alternatives no matter how good and convenient the platform is to you. It's convenient for a reason: they are baiting you into using their platform so they can spy on the things you say and do and think. We have covered this in the conspiracy thread before but it's no longer tinfoil topic but a reality you and your kids as they grow up in this world of hi tech gadgets will have to face in the future if you wish to live in a cyber smart society. "Smart Cities" they are called - ie these are government and corporate entities able to spy on citizens thoughts through the mobile phone networks and drones and bugging device implanted into your smart gadgets and follow you around wherever you go and gather up data on you and send it to the fusion centres where your information is stored in massive databases to ensure they can know everything and pass this to the satanists they serve. A world where your smart home has microphones and shit listening to what you say and the illuminati can shut off your power and make your appliances go crazy whenever they wish because you are too lazy to live a low tech lifestyle. Once AI is attached to it all they can montior everything and leave decisions up to the AI running on quantum computers. (literally using beings outside our world/dimension to run the city)

Watch Macross Frontier and pay attention to the cybrog lady with glasses. That's what they want to do to society: they have the knowledge and everyone else is ignorant but acts as worker drones like the Vajra hive. The Vajra aliens which could be considered the gods the protoculture had worshipped have no brains of their own and symbolise the masses who just do what they are told to do by the queen who sits in the centre of the fold wave network and is in the position to dominate and control the drones because it has the full picture in real time of what's going on around the galaxy as the fold waves arrive first to the central point. Think of a pyramid of authority... but in space. The queen is the "all-seeing eye" that is omniscient and omnipotent and omnipresent thanks to the other beings lacking individual thought or expression of their own. (also pay attention to the swirly line logo of the Vajra and the "One Eye" Symbols in Macross Zero (the prequel to SDF Macross the original show). AFOs and Octo design has one eyeball much like the One Eyeball on the US Dollar bill. That's not coincidence. Illuminati want THIS to happen!

It's a communist/collectivist wet dream. Basically they have cyber psychic power and know what is happening everywhere at all times (the fold wave communication tech inside the aliens allows for drones to share information about everyone instantly so there is no freedom to rebel) and nobody has any privacy. It's the best macross show imo. (because it's got movie like animation quality compressed into 25 episodes and has message of the dangers of transhumanism and cyborg society where everyone becomes a slave to the queen at the central point. What do the NWO want? Total removal of individual nation's sovereignty to rule over itself in its own way, and the centralisation of ALL power under the rule of satanist cults operating behind the scenes as the true power behind the iron throne. This explain why they dumb kids down in public schools on purpose to make them ignorant: knowledge for the elites boost the elites' power over others because they can see more clearly. (Vajra queen who sits on top of the drones in getting the data) Ignorance for the drones = less power to the people. Dumb people = easier to control them like slaves. So they dumb people down with bad information to fill their brains with confusing ideas. What do you see happening on social media? The non-politically correct guys getting shadow banned to prevent freedom of individual expression. Everything is about controlling people as 'groups' of people rather than treating people as individuals. Since collectivist think we do not have uniqueness. Much like the Vajra aliens which are literally souless robots without expression and individual identity of any kind. ie the commies) That's why they like pyramid symbol. They don't understand most don't identify themselves as a group of people. Tribalism worked for the old days but nobody thinks of themselves as their physical body but through individual things they do that define them as individuals. Thought control freaks hate that. So all they can do is shut down the places where people are free to chat and/or compete with those platforms by making the shit ones more convenient to use for the dumb people who like to have a social media presence for narcissistic reasons only. (ie the girl that wants to show off the new thing they ate that day and post pictures of it for validation that they are awesome people, rather than be known for actual achievements that benefit society)