DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by Cletus »

Rorschach wrote:PUBG actually looks pretty good - particularly the new desert map, just has frame rate issues and poor animation.
There are a few issues with PuBG but to be honest I don't really notice them like other people. Issues arise when there's an update and it's usually fixed a week or two later. I think the biggest issue is the netcode but I'm not all that spectacular a player so again, I don't really notice those issues either. As for how it looks, I don't have any issues with that either, not on pc or on the X, either way, it looks great to me. The only real issue to me is the cheating on pc. Because there are a few valuable skins, cheating has become a viable option for quite a few players (generally the Chinese) which is the greatest downfall of the game. It has subsided to some degree but it was pretty bad not too long ago. I thought the Chinese were locked out of the real internet....but they aren't locked out of this game.

The maps are awesome - both of them.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

:nana:
thelifeexotic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Is that every exotic?

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Maybe.

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Haha, don't worry Gamma I'm thoroughly impressed. I've heard the prestige mode of the Leviathan raid is absurdly difficult, I'm guessing you would have had to have completed that?

Also, curious to know what you think of the game now that the dust has settled. Mostly in comparison to the first game.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Decided on a Hunter and commenced the campaign. Loving it. Great Halo feels (ah, sticky grenades) and I actually feel like a bad mofo pinpointing shots while double jumping around then tearing up with the arc staff. The Hunter jump is perfect. :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hand cannons are a lot of fun in this game. Reminds me of the fun I had with the scoped pistol back in Halo CE days. All the guns are pretty great though. Hoping a scoped handgun drops soon.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Headshot hitboxes are pretty generous in this game, which does make using the hand cannon and some single shot weapons pretty satisfying to use.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Satisfying is the word. I miss Thorn.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Destiny 2 is enjoying a resurgence. It's back up to 1m plus players per day. And that's before it launches free-to-play.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... w-and-why/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Bought Forsaken. Going through Curse of Osiris now. Played some free for all Crucible a couple of nights ago and enjoyed it. Between that and tying up the first campaign by talking to people at Tower I’m finding myself overflowing with Legendary gear, Engrams, bounties, quests, consumables.

Things I’m still wrapping my head around:

- Currencies. Glimmer seems to buy jack shit on its own. Legendary Shards buy plenty but are few and far between thus far and I’ve yet to learn how to acquire them. I know I can get them dismantling Legendary and Exotic items. Bright Dust similarly scant but I seem to have picked up a clump from somewhere last night, probably while my display was strobe-lighting up at all the stuff I was getting talking to NPCs at Tower. Then there’s tokens and materials per location NPC that can get handed in for stuff. The companion app is pretty handy for tallying balances and determining if rewards are available. Silver - no.

- Ammo system. If I’m using a primary ammo weapon, switch to a special ammo weapon in that slot and find I have no special ammo so switch back to my primary ammo gun, my primary ammo is now depleted as well. Why? I managed to inadvertently empty all guns of all ammo last night while switching Kinetic and Energy weapons leaving me with melee only. Also if I’m out of special ammo the only way I can get special ammo drops is to equip an empty special ammo gun. Why?
Reka

Post by Reka »

Yeah - Destiny 2 still has me coming back regularly. I have been playing fairly consistently again since Forsaken came out and it's still a lot of fun. As you pointed out: there's always a quest or bounties to work on just about every time you log in.

I'm not really one for PvP - I much prefer PvE and Gambit is a great mode to scratch that competitive itch in a PvE format with a bit of PvP splashed in as well. I find it a lot of fun.

Regarding currencies:
Glimmer isn't pointless, but I find its abundance makes it an afterthought. More often than not I'm sitting on max glimmer with not much to spend it on. My advice would be if there's anything that you're remotely interested in buying or upgrading that just costs glimmer, just do it.
Legendary shards aren't too hard to come by in the late game - you'll be picking up fairly useless purple items in no time and you get three shards per legendary yo dismantle, so they do end up accumulating fairly quickly. However, don't use them frivolously. When you get to the Tangled Shore you can purchase a Masterwork Core for 10 legendary shards once per day (at least you used to be able to - I haven't done it in a few weeks). Masterwork Cores are really hard to come by and unless you absolutely want to upgrade an item don't use your Masterwork Cores.
Bright Dust is the currency used in Eververse. Basically it's just cosmetic stuff (weapon skins, emotes, shaders, ships, Ghost Shells) and to be honest I don't pay too much attention to that stuff. But then I'm the guy who doesn't bother shading any of my gear and just settle on the default appearances. If you want to accumulate Bright Dust then purchase the bounties from Eververse and complete them. The rewards are usually dust.
Silver is basically the same as dust as far as I can tell, but you can pay real money for more silver if you're inclined. Once again, in my mind this is mostly for cosmetic things but there may be more game influencing items available - I wouldn't know.

The switching guns and losing ammo observation you made is spot on - I have done the same thing before too. It wasn't a problem until they put some kinetic weapons in the Energy slot and vice versa. Just be aware of it if you're switching weapons. My advice here (especially before running a Strike) is to equip your intended weapons and subclass while in orbit before the Strike launches. In my experience Energy ammo should drop randomly from kills - you don't need an Energy weapon to generate it. The exception to this is some Strikes or Adventures may have a special rule that dictates that only specific ammo types will spawn when using specific weapon types, but I haven't seen that for a long time.

Actually, because I wanted to check that what I was saying is correct, I found the following regarding how ammo drops work:
Ammo drops are back to Destiny 1 style. More powerful enemies grant additional chances at ammo bricks, but yellow bar enemies no longer guarantee a purple ammo drop.
White ammo drops commonly.
Green ammo is less frequent, but often available.
Purple ammo is rare.

If you are using more than one weapon of a specific ammo color (white or green) when you pick up ammo bricks, the ammo will be distributed equally between those two weapons, proportional to their damage capabilities.
To clarify: the number of rounds given to each gun will likely be different, but the total potential damage given to each gun will be roughly equal.
That last point was news to me, I hadn't really given too much thought about how ammo was distributed if you equipped 2 Kinetic or 2 Energy weapons at once.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Yep it appears from my fair number of hours played that you won't get drops for an ammo type unless the compatible gun is equipped, which results in having to equip empty guns should you be out of the ammo in question. It's a period of seconds before you get some ammo but it still lacks sense to equip an empty gun. Now I know how the system works (or at least think I know) I can easily manage.

Oh another minor annoyance is sprint interrupting reloading.

Keen to try Gambit but conscious my noobness could fuck up the round for my match made randoms. Will load up some Youtube clips to see how a round plays out first.
Reka

Post by Reka »

Man, just jump into Gambit. It's really not hard to work out on the fly and I have played with so many bad players (I'd include myself here) that you'll just blend in with us. :)

Watch a video or 2 if you must, but I reckon you can just jump straight in. Kill the baddies, then bank the motes. Don't die with a bunch of motes or you'll lose them. Don't die when your primeval spawns or he'll get some health back (it's not the end of the world if you do though). That's about it. For the first couple of games just follow your teammates around - it's always good to work together and not get singled out.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Sold. :up:

Do random teams just use text chat for comms?
Reka

Post by Reka »

I play on XB1 with no mic. As far as I'm concerned there is no chat.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I know this is all very LTTP but did the GR clan on PC get up? Or is there another clan GR people use?

Ta.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Argh that fucking hurts - just lost a long post due to login time out. Remember to paste your long posts from notepad or similar, kids. :down:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

In summary, played all the campaigns.

Curse of Osiris:
Fun, repetitive, pointless story, good boss fight, Mercury hub small compared to others.

Warmind:
Still fun, better story but still thin, Mars a bigger hub with more to do.

Forsaken:
Excellent. Destiny game focus always gunplay + gear first and foremost but this time a discernible, good story. Open world approach to resolving quests. Eight Barons and their leader to take down, each requiring different approach and new gameplay elements relative to each Baron's characteristics. You choose the order and strategy. New gameplay elements all well implemented and fun to play. Some of the best fun I've had with a game. Jaw-droppingly, dick-slappingly good visuals.

The claws Bungie extend upon the campaign wrapping have my interest. I now have a near overwhelming amount of quests and shit to do. Destiny 2 a good game.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

So those were all single player? Did you have to purchase any of those other campaigns or did you get a GOTY edition or something? I really miss Halo and Bungies fps mechanics. Haven't played a fps since Wolfenstein, don't count Blood & Truth as it's built for VR so you know, not just laying on a couch with a controller.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Got the base game for $0 during a Destiny anniversary promotion. Paid $60 for Forsaken Complete Edition which includes all content released to date in including the previous two expansions/campaigns and annual passes. This is all via Battle.net on PC.

Destiny 2 PC will be free to play when it launches on Steam in September including the year 1 campaign and multiplayer modes such as Gambit (PvE/PvP) and Crucible (PvP). Free roam areas from all the expansions will be available for free players however you'll need to pay money for the campaigns, raids, most desired items. For now the most recently released Forsaken expansion isn't listed on the Steam page for what must be business reasons. I suspect it will list once the Activision divorce is complete. I don't know how all this is playing out in the respective console stores.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

And yes, campaigns completed solo. There's a tonne of solo content in the game. You are rewarded for participating in multiplayer activity but it's not essential. You can solo-queue multiplayer activity such as Strikes (team PvE), Gambit (team PvE with some PvP) and Crucible (usual roster of PvP match types). Raids would require coordinated teams with voice comms. I've played a handful of Crucible Rumble (free for all) matches but have yet to invest in PvP as I'm still inundated with fun PvE stuff to do.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

If anyone on PC is interested in doing those quests that are actually decently hard let me know. (Can you cross play with teh xboxes?)

Myself, I haven't played in ages. I don't wanna sound like a dick, but the fights were just too easy. What did you guys think? You're Halo vets, right? 1st playthrough on Heroic, then Legendary? Destiny 2 combat was just boring in comparison.

Here's my review I've been meaning to post.
I found myself just walking directly towards the enemies, maybe strafing side to side as I approached, firing all the way. If they were still alive by the time I reached them or I had to reload, I'd just melee them. Eventually you'd get a decent mob that might take some skill rock up, but by that time you're Super metre has charged, and with a push of a button you go into god-like mode for 30 seconds and easily smash them. This metre btw, that takes less than 5mins(?) to charge, gets charged up whilst you're attacking the enemy, or getting attacked, or jumping, or running, or... just. standing. still >_>
Also when you level up (which happens alot) it fully charges so you rarely find yourself in a position without it.
If by some miracle you do find yourself in that position, it's then you remember you've actually been lugging around a 3rd weapon in the "Heavy" slot all this time, so you just whip out your bazooka or whatever and destroy them.

And with the typical, over the top rewarding of the gamer these days, I got so much gear and money from playing I never wanted for anything. I saved up all my skill points until I hit max level (coz I read it here I think?) and it didn't seem to be a sacrifice at all.

Once I finished the story I just played alot of PvP, but that got repetitive. It was just:
Run into enemy.
Kill enemy but lose half your health.
Run into next enemy.
Die but take half their health.
Rinse and repeat.
Can't knock it too much though.

But yeah, there were those timed quests things that were actually quite hard. Unfortunately my clan I was playing with stop wanting to do them -_- And trying to do pub games was a 40min wait for a group because you needed a player to be the designated "guide" :lol: (Like its hard to know: kill everything then follow the fucken HUD waypoint). So I enjoyed solo'ing them, but would then watch a video and realise I wasn't even half way through before the timer ran out. If anyone is keen let me know.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Yeah I'm playing and am up for some Strike action. I think you're talking about Nightfall strikes which you can easily get onto solo. I've tried one however the strike I got into pretty much requires a team. Enjoyed it a lot, got close but ended up running out of time.

The original campaign is cake-walk difficulty. Some of the bosses in Curse of Osiris and Warmind are harder. There are some decent challenge moments throughout Forsaken. But yeah, the campaigns are pretty easy.

Still on difficulty, a lot of the end game stuff can get pretty frantic. The Blind Well public event in the Dreaming City for example (all Forsaken content). A lot of gameplay mechanics thrown at you at once including area of effect damage, lots of mobs, lots of bosses. Shit goes off everywhere and very fast so it's an exhilarating play. While you're overpowered in the open world you need every inch of your powers and abilities to stay alive here. The enemy types rotate week to week too.

Still no cross-play but when the next expansion launches in September cross-save will be available meaning you can play your xbox character on PC.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Still playing. I hope people with console characters take advantage of cross save and install on PC as I'd enjoy teaming up with people I know vs randoms. Destiny 2's system requirements are mild. A $200 GPU will comfortably run it maxed 1080p @ >60fps.

Here's a piece from a while back from a dude with thousands of hours in console Destiny after trying it on PC. No need to lament now of course with players soon free to move between all supported platforms.

https://bgr.com/2017/08/28/destiny-2-pc ... rformance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today, the Destiny 2 beta finally rolled out for PC gamers, marking the very first time players have had the chance to play a Destiny title on their own gaming rigs. I’ve been a Destiny fan since the launch of the first game. I’ve waded through all the expansions, beat the raids, completed the Moments of Triumph, and sweated it out in Trials of Osiris. I’m also a PC gamer and have been waiting for this day to come for a long time, so naturally I dove into the beta to see just how much better the game is when it has some real power to play with. I regret it.

After years and years of playing Destiny at 30 fps with a console-minded FOV, playing the Destiny 2 beta on PC has absolutely ruined me. Running at 100+ fps on an ultrawide monitor with 105 FOV and all the settings maxed out, Destiny 2 feels like a completely different game. It’s faster (obviously), the gunplay is cleaner and far more precise, and it plays like a dream.

With a mouse and keyboard you have the freedom to do things that you’d never dream of doing with a controller, like jumping in the middle of a half dozen enemies, knowing you can turn 180 degrees in a fraction of second. According to the Destiny mobile app, I’ve invested somewhere around 1,800 hours into the first game, but playing Destiny 2 on PC makes me feel like I’ve been living a lie.

So, what’s the problem?

The problem is that Destiny 2 comes out on September 6th… for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PC players have to wait until (ugh) October 24th to start their own journeys.

This normally wouldn’t be a huge deal, especially since I had already decided that I’m going to play Destiny 2 on PS4 while I wait for the PC version to finally see the light of day. But now? Well, I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to go back to playing the game on console when I’ve seen what is truly possible. It’s like eating cheap hamburgers your entire life and then trying a perfectly grilled prime cut of beef. Sure, the burger isn’t bad, but you’ll just be thinking about what you’d rather have instead.

What I’m really trying to say here is that if you have any plans to play Destiny 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, it would probably be in your best interest to avoid the PC version, lest you realize just how amazing the Destiny experience can truly be.