Coronavirus thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by t0mby »

I held out as long as I could but a few weeks before Christmas I was told if I didn't have my first jab by the 17th Jan then an exit strategy would be implemented at work for those unvaccinated. What annoyed me was after an email conversation with our Covid support team and the CEO I was told this wasn't the Governments decision yet on the Gov.nz website it specifically says if the company is not being forced by the Government then we don't need it if we fall into certain criteria which I myself fall into (don't work in confined spaces, do not work with others, do not deal with the public). I was zero risk but nup, company would t hear of it. I was not happy, hadn't been sleeping well at all and anxiety was through the roof, in fact I even had suicidal thoughts over Xmas, it was a very rough time for me. I had my first jab on Friday.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Page ... 15_00.aspx
Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 20 people with COVID-19; 11 men and nine women.

One person was aged in their 20s, three people were aged in their 50s, one person was aged in their 60s, four people were in their 70s, nine people were in their 80s and two people were in their 90s.

Of the 20 people who died; 16 people were vaccinated against COVID-19 and four people were not vaccinated.

A man in his 20s died at Albury Base Hospital. He had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and had serious underlying health conditions.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote: 16 Jan 2022 12:46 am I held out as long as I could but a few weeks before Christmas I was told if I didn't have my first jab by the 17th Jan then an exit strategy would be implemented at work for those unvaccinated. What annoyed me was after an email conversation with our Covid support team and the CEO I was told this wasn't the Governments decision yet on the Gov.nz website it specifically says if the company is not being forced by the Government then we don't need it if we fall into certain criteria which I myself fall into (don't work in confined spaces, do not work with others, do not deal with the public). I was zero risk but nup, company would t hear of it. I was not happy, hadn't been sleeping well at all and anxiety was through the roof, in fact I even had suicidal thoughts over Xmas, it was a very rough time for me. I had my first jab on Friday.
:(

There are no words for this.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Sorry to hear that t0mby.

My wife is double jabbed so she can keep her job. I told her to tell them no and make them fire her.
I have never seen her so sick as since she had these jabs.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

The peddlers of vaccine FUD have a lot to answer for.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 20 people with COVID-19; 12 men and eight women.

Two people were aged in their 50s, six people were aged in their 70s, seven people were aged in their 80s, four people were in their 90s, and one person was 100+.

Of the 20 people who died; 14 people were vaccinated against COVID-19 and six people were not vaccinated.

Of the 18 people over the age of 65, 13 people were vaccinated and five were not vaccinated.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Candy Arse wrote: 16 Jan 2022 06:05 am https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Page ... 15_00.aspx
Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 20 people with COVID-19; 11 men and nine women.

One person was aged in their 20s, three people were aged in their 50s, one person was aged in their 60s, four people were in their 70s, nine people were in their 80s and two people were in their 90s.

Of the 20 people who died; 16 people were vaccinated against COVID-19 and four people were not vaccinated.

A man in his 20s died at Albury Base Hospital. He had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and had serious underlying health conditions.
Candy Arse wrote: 16 Jan 2022 03:36 pm
Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 20 people with COVID-19; 12 men and eight women.

Two people were aged in their 50s, six people were aged in their 70s, seven people were aged in their 80s, four people were in their 90s, and one person was 100+.

Of the 20 people who died; 14 people were vaccinated against COVID-19 and six people were not vaccinated.

Of the 18 people over the age of 65, 13 people were vaccinated and five were not vaccinated.
We know what you're insinuating, but NSW fully vaxxed rates for 16+ is 93.8% so you can do the math.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Very sorry to hear about what you've gone through Tomby. As much as many of us here have very different viewpoints on covid and the necessity of restrictions and vaccines etc, when it comes down to it all any of us want is for everyone to feel safe and secure in their day to day life, and for all of this to be over as soon as possible.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah I know, I maybe very vocal about my beliefs on the jab, lord knows I've lost a few real life friends through FB based on my posts but I would never judge, criticise or discriminate anyone based on their beliefs, just like religion. Nearly all my friends are doubled and those same people understand my beliefs, we don't discuss it, we don't judge and I'm thankfully not treated any differently by them. Still, what's done is done and if I time the follow up shot well enough that gives me the winter time to fly to England to return my dad's ashes that I promised him (otherwise would have been sending them to his other kids).
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

So tomby, here's my cache of dealing with being forced to have the jab.
I'm not a doctor, so this is not medical advice. I'm also not a naturapath.
It's just the information I've gathered over the last couple of years that I'm sharing. Do with it as you wish. Definitely research before just popping this stuff, certainly if it is not water soluble, you do not want to overdose on some of these things.

Well, these first ones, IMO, everyone should be doing these already: Zinc, Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Vitamin C.
I see this one EVERYWHERE about dealing with the jab: Quercetin (it's an antioxidant).

Then I see a lot of this stuff:
NAC Antioxidants, Selinium, Vitamin D3, Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin K, Pine Needle Tea, zeolites, dandelion leaf tea, bromelains, apple pectin.

Of course, and again, everybody should be doing this anyway: lots of water, fresh fruit and veggies, fresh air and exercise.

There is apparently a facebook group called "Vax and Shedding Repair, Detox and Healing" that is apparently good. I'm not in it, so I don't know.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/he ... the-virus/
Ambrose Burnside

t0mby wrote: 16 Jan 2022 05:00 pm Yeah I know, I maybe very vocal about my beliefs on the jab, lord knows I've lost a few real life friends through FB based on my posts but I would never judge, criticise or discriminate anyone based on their beliefs, just like religion. Nearly all my friends are doubled and those same people understand my beliefs, we don't discuss it, we don't judge and I'm thankfully not treated any differently by them. Still, what's done is done and if I time the follow up shot well enough that gives me the winter time to fly to England to return my dad's ashes that I promised him (otherwise would have been sending them to his other kids).
Take a break from social media and the Interwebs in general. It's a toxic cesspool and horrendous for the mental health. I did it during my Xmas break and I look forward to doing it more often.

Glad you've had no side effects like most of us so hopefully that will help with the anxiety going forward and hopefully things return to normal soon so you can do that for your Dad.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote: 16 Jan 2022 05:00 pm Yeah I know, I maybe very vocal about my beliefs on the jab, lord knows I've lost a few real life friends through FB based on my posts but I would never judge, criticise or discriminate anyone based on their beliefs, just like religion. Nearly all my friends are doubled and those same people understand my beliefs, we don't discuss it, we don't judge and I'm thankfully not treated any differently by them. Still, what's done is done and if I time the follow up shot well enough that gives me the winter time to fly to England to return my dad's ashes that I promised him (otherwise would have been sending them to his other kids).
Like many people it seems you haven't chosen to get vaccinated against a virus you won't die from. You've chosen to get vaccinated against unemployment, segregation, travel restrictions etc

The most dangerous strain getting around at present is the government variant.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Twiztid Elf wrote: 16 Jan 2022 06:48 pm There is apparently a facebook group called "Vax and Shedding Repair, Detox and Healing" that is apparently good. I'm not in it, so I don't know.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/he ... the-virus/
Dude...shedding? Dr Mercola? Fucking hell mate :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Cheers for the feedback y'all, these have been trying times for many of us.
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 16 Jan 2022 07:33 pm
Take a break from social media and the Interwebs in general. It's a toxic cesspool and horrendous for the mental health. I did it during my Xmas break and I look forward to doing it more often.

Glad you've had no side effects like most of us so hopefully that will help with the anxiety going forward and hopefully things return to normal soon so you can do that for your Dad.
Early days yet, but so far just very lathargic on Sat and Sun. Also I stopped looking at a lot of stuff around Dec just after my correspondence with work. The odd thing gets sent to me but I don't actively look for shit anymore, I know enough. Anything I do look at now is Government crap, like this doozy of a quote regarding New Zealand's handling of it from our own Dr, yet ignored by NZ media.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

stanard wrote: 16 Jan 2022 09:43 pm Dude...shedding? Dr Mercola? Fucking hell mate :lol:
Eh. I'd never heard of Dr Mercola or knew anything about him. Seems like a questionable character.
Doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of good information about micronutrients on that page of his that I linked.

The only thing I mentioned about shedding is the name of a facebook group that I know nothing about, and said so. It's just in my list of stuff here.
But while on the topic of shedding, I'll refer you to Pfizers own document that discusses the possibility.
https://cdn.pfizer.com/pfizercom/2020-1 ... ov2020.pdf
Pages 67-69.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

That Pfizer document describes investigating the effects on unborn babies of the mother being impregnated by a man who has been vaccinated, or the mother being exposed to the vaccine. If shedding was a possible outcome, wouldn't the study be interested in all household contacts of vaccine recipients and not just unborn babies?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I'm just outraged that the document assumes only females can get pregnant.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Page ... 17_00.aspx
Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 17 people with COVID-19; 12 men and five women.

One person was aged in their 60s, four people were aged in their 70s, nine people were aged in their 80s, and three people were in their 90s.

Of the 17 people who died; 14 people were vaccinated against COVID-19, one person had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and two people were not vaccinated.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote: 17 Jan 2022 01:34 pm I'm just outraged that the document assumes only females can get pregnant.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :up:
Ambrose Burnside

Who are you trying to convince with these numbers that aren't taking into account the proportion of vaxxed vs unvaxxed in the overall population? Yourself? Twizted?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Not trying to convince anyone of anything, just posting government-released statistics. Sorry if that's inconvenient.
FJM5pRKagAATtZ-.jpg
I know NSW only recently started posting these statistics. Wonder when they'll do the same as Victoria and decide to not publish them?

Between these statistics and the admission of both NSW and Vic that a very large % of "covid cases" in hospital are in there for reasons other than covid, it kind of goes against their agenda.

I should be scared out of my skin and living under the doona. There should not be actual data available that shows how not scary this virus really is (and always was).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts ... statistics
2022-01-17_14-24-05.jpg
2022-01-17_14-24-30.jpg
Whilst many people especially those in the media are hyperventilating about "OMG CASE NUMBERS", the massive spike in case numbers (regardless of how many of them are actually sick) is only further driving down the % of people who are actually in hospital (disregarding the bogus reporting as admitted by NSW and Vic) and dying from/as a result of this virus.

Meanwhile you have a massive portion of the population literally afraid of fresh air/their own shadow at this stage.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

You have to account for the fact that 93.8% of NSW over the age of 16 is vaccinated. There's about 6.7 million people over 16, so 6.25 million are vaxxed and 0.45 million are not.

Therefore the chances of dying are:
11 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 695k
Unvaxxed: 1 in 225k

12 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 480k
Unvaxxed: 1 in 55k

13 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 445k
Unvaxxed: 1 in 55k

14 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 330k
Unvaxxed: 1 in 45k

15 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 390k
Unvaxxed: 1 in 115k

16 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 445k
Unvaxxed: 1 in 75k

By all means talk about low numbers of deaths and fear mongering if you want but it's just silly to say that vaccines aren't reducing deaths. The last week of NSW data shows that you're about 6 times less likely to die when vaccinated.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Good data, thanks for that Hercy. Can't argue there that the vaccines are reducing the likelyhood of dying from/with covid (whatever the metric is on the day).

I've spent the time (aka used my computer) turning these chances into percentages for shits and giggles.

Therefore the chances of dying are:
11 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 695k - 0.00014%
Unvaxxed: 1 in 225k - 0.00044%

12 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 480k - 0.00020%
Unvaxxed: 1 in 55k - 0.00181%

13 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 445k - 0.00022%
Unvaxxed: 1 in 55k - 0.00181%

14 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 330k - 0.00030%
Unvaxxed: 1 in 45k - 0.00222%

15 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 390k - 0.00025%
Unvaxxed: 1 in 115k - 0.00086%

16 Jan:
Vaxxed: 1 in 445k - 0.00022%
Unvaxxed: 1 in 75k - 0.00133%
Ambrose Burnside

Are we lookng at total population of NSW or population of NSW with covid?