Coronavirus thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I still have a cough after getting COVID on NYD. The worst of my symptoms lasted a week with a nasty 24 hour peak. Just decent cold symptoms either side of the peak. During that week the cough and throat symptoms were the most taxing part of it though. 'Sore throat' doesn't really describe what it was like. I read a good anaolgy from a social media friend recently. She described it as feeling like you've deep-throated a cactus.

Anyway the cough remains. I'm back at the gym training well, working, going swimming with the kids, etc. Just this annoying, dry cough hanging around. It feels like I still have a little muck left in my chest that won't break up.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Seems it affects everyone differently regardles of health or jab status. Was just speaking with Chaos, his workmate that smokes 6 packs of ciggies a week was diagnosed at work on Wed, better by Friday. 🤷
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

That’s good, and I agree it does impact people in different ways . Just hope he’s going to isolate for 7 days before leaving. :)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: 24 Jan 2022 11:48 am Anyway the cough remains. I'm back at the gym training well, working, going swimming with the kids, etc. Just this annoying, dry cough hanging around. It feels like I still have a little muck left in my chest that won't break up.
I got swine flu all those years ago when it hit here, and I just couldn't break up its cough for ages, like 6 weeks. I went to the doctors and he prescribed me some ventolin. It broke it up, I coughed it all up and by the next day I was great.

Just something to consider.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

You love that it's here Froggy?

OK.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Madmya wrote: 24 Jan 2022 05:19 pmI got swine flu all those years ago when it hit here, and I just couldn't break up its cough for ages, like 6 weeks. I went to the doctors and he prescribed me some ventolin. It broke it up, I coughed it all up and by the next day I was great.

Just something to consider.
Ta mate. Ventolin. Interesting. I had Bisolvon recommended to me today. It's a mucolytic you can get from the chemist and it specifically breaks down left over rubbish in the chest. If that doesn't work I'll see a doctor.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Ventolin is just over the counter btw. No prescription needed.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 24 Jan 2022 05:54 pm You love that it's here Froggy?

OK.
No, that it's showing what a fraud his "scientific" hard border is.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

Well I'm not sure he's ever called it scientifc, but based on case numbers, hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths, both in raw numbers and as a proportion of population, it's hard to argue it hasn't 'worked'.

Not saying it has to remain indefinitely, the lack of a new date is annoying (remember though, the opening date was postponed the day before NSW recorded the highest number of deaths all pandemic, things were on an upward trend), but I'm not sure what's so crazy about making sure everything is 'working' with this current outbreak before things burst open forever.

We've already had a case of a nurse sending a couple of covid patients to the wrong part of Fiona Stanley Hospital, potentially making the outbreak worse for a vulnerable population. It's that sort of thing I expect they want to stamp out. We haven't dealt with an outbreak before, so this is new for everyone involved.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 25 Jan 2022 10:06 am Well I'm not sure he's ever called it scientifc, but based on case numbers, hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths, both in raw numbers and as a proportion of population, it's hard to argue it hasn't 'worked'.

Not saying it has to remain indefinitely, the lack of a new date is annoying (remember though, the opening date was postponed the day before NSW recorded the highest number of deaths all pandemic, things were on an upward trend), but I'm not sure what's so crazy about making sure everything is 'working' with this current outbreak before things burst open forever.

We've already had a case of a nurse sending a couple of covid patients to the wrong part of Fiona Stanley Hospital, potentially making the outbreak worse for a vulnerable population. It's that sort of thing I expect they want to stamp out. We haven't dealt with an outbreak before, so this is new for everyone involved.
Australia as a whole had great numbers, thanks to being an island. The issue with the WA response now is that what exactly are you guys going to work out that the rest of the world has not tried or applied? As I said, do you all live in a bubble based on political ideology over there?

A) Omicron is already there, despite the hard border and continuing it.
B) As above, even the most prepared and vaccinated countries in the world have had the exact same curve when it hit, you can do all this pretending it's training etc but it's not and it's just delaying the inevitable at this point. I mean, 24 months in what the fuck is left to organise lol. This will most likely already be moot if A continues to take off, he'll look like an even bigger dick then.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

"Delaying the inevitable" will be to get a sufficient amount of the population boosted, as they say. You don't need everyone boosted, just the vulnerable. Obviously I don't wish the virus on anyone, but it would be mildly amusing if omicron broke out before Feb 5. Even more amusing is BBM having to go to NSW to appear in court and will have to quarantine for 2 weeks when he returns. :lol:
Ambrose Burnside

Ambrose Burnside

Madmya wrote: 26 Jan 2022 08:12 amObviously I don't wish the virus on anyone, but it would be mildly amusing if omicron broke out before Feb 5.
Look, it probably will. I've heard some rumours around remote indigenous communities, which would be a disaster given their vaccination rates.

Haven't heard anything official yet, so I'm hoping my mate was sucked in by a nuffie.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 26 Jan 2022 09:41 am I've heard some rumours around remote indigenous communities, which would be a disaster given their vaccination rates.
That's what everyone thought here in the NT aswell, but most of our cases are from the remote communities and there's only been 1 death. Crazy.
I was forced to get the jab to protect those who didn't want to protect themselves, and now turns out they didn't even need the protection. I'd be mad but I can only laugh now, it's all such a joke :lol: . If they make a 3rd jab mandatory I think I'll just be doing a photoshop job.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

F for Fake wrote: 26 Jan 2022 01:28 pm
I was forced to get the jab to protect those who didn't want to protect themselves, and now turns out they didn't even need the protection. I'd be mad but I can only laugh now, it's all such a joke :lol: . If they make a 3rd jab mandatory I think I'll just be doing a photoshop job.
Remember when it was all about getting vaccinated to ensure other people don't catch the virus?

Back in the days when unvaxxed plague rats like myself were considered selfish.

Aged like milk, that argument did :lol:

I've been getting around wherever I want in Victoria with my doctored vax certificate, just got back from a wonderful indoor lunch down in San Remo.

"The vaccinated economy" :lol: :fight: :lol:
Ambrose Burnside

I keep forgetting how unusual an experience eating out has been other there for the last two years :cry:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Aren't we in lockdown over here according to WA Labor?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

As far as the good people of the nation of Western Australia know, over in this country it's full Mad Max these days. People dying in the streets, absolute anarchy on a daily basis.
Ambrose Burnside

Would have thought lockdown and people dying in the streets, absolute anarchy on a daily basis would be mutually exclusive :lol:

But good to see Palaszczuk and Andrews getting some love for what they've done over the last couple of weeks after the last two years :P We might even see the Grand Final back at the MCG :shock:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Maybe WA will come out of lockdown to be able to get an Ashes Test like the rest of us :P
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 26 Jan 2022 06:56 pm But good to see Palaszczuk and Andrews getting some love for what they've done over the last couple of weeks after the last two years :P
Uhhhh...whut?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Denmark now following England and scrapping covid restrictions, mandates, passports etc

Meanwhile Australia is far too deep into its covid psychosis and hiding under far too many doonas to even notice other countries are moving on with their lives.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Omicron cases will be in the thousands by day pretty soon in WA with their gold standard hard border trying to stop a virus that even managed to make it to the antartic research station. All that hardship for nothing, well done.

Yeah I'm also sure the people of vic and qld are pumped about being locked in their houses for months on end when other states got to live their lives and end up in exactly the same place or better in most cases. Wowee gee thanks!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote: 27 Jan 2022 04:37 pm Denmark now following England and scrapping covid restrictions, mandates, passports etc

Meanwhile Australia is far too deep into its covid psychosis and hiding under far too many doonas to even notice other countries are moving on with their lives.
It's kind of a shame that it's an election year, scomo will do what he does best and that's middle of the road uninspiring leadership.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

His give no fucks corruption is pretty inspring