Good Wii deals going right now?

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Good Wii deals going right now?

Post by Candy Arse »

No harm doing some homework. Galaxy, Prime 3, Smash Bros, No More Heroes, Paper Mario, RE4. Anything else I might be missing (no joke recommendations, only the best of the best)?

Also would I be a dumb arse buying a PAL unit? I know Nintendo continues to shaft their userbase with staggered releases (hi Smash Bros).

Talk to me Wiitards. Any super deals going with units + games?
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

As per MSN, best deals tend to be around at the time of major releases.

Importing is the go if you want hassle free importing, however freeloader makes that a bit more redundant.

New games seem to be about $79 from jb and so on at release week.

Then it takes fuck ages to get down to $69 via big w catalogues.

Games worth trying include:
RE4, Super paper mario, Galaxy, Prime 3, no more heroes, excite truck (really), mario strikers charged.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I played Excite Truck and was not excited.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

Zack & Wiki maybe. I actually didn't think Paper Mario was that great looking back on it - the RPG aspect seemed a bit pointless. It was worth a play through though.

Okami is out in the US shortly.

Australia gets shafted on prices. $100 for Battalion Wars 2? I also missed out on Metroid Prime 3 when it was $69 at JB and have refused to pay $87 from DVD Crave (the cheapest I've been able to find it since).
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I wasn't a fan of paper mario. It was still holdng onto it's rpg roots to make it a good action game. So absically pointless conversation, and not enough bad guys as you walk around.

Zack & Wiki is good, but the simple eff up and restart entire level can get frustrating in parts.

If you are into golf games, Camelot have a golf game coming out soon. We Love Golf I think it is... basically Mario Golf without Mario. So you get the power shots, and some fantasy courses, but you get to wear some classic capcom costumes. Engine looks good, and the swing system looks really nice.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

http://www.ecogamer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

lol, I love that they still advertise the wiimote/nunchuk and Wii Sports as if they aren't packed into the box or something :lol:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

FFS don't do it. Just play your PS3 until the 360 gets back.

If you must do it, wait until one of the new big hitters releases for your best chance of a deal.

Also don't bother importing. As you are aware game releases are far and few between. Is it really worth the effort of importing a machine when you are prob likely to only pick up the odd game. All the big titles you would want make it out here and generally on time (excluding Smash Bros). Is it worth the hassle for a 3rd choice console?
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Don't listen to the likes of General Chaos. Just buy the damn thing you retard. You know SMG is one of the best games of recent times and worth the price of admission alone.

I think all the deals out there are shit so I wouldn't waste your time looking. As for importing, I believe it's still hard to get an import Wii, and besides, you've waited this long to get one, does it really matter to you that you wouldn't play the latest Nintendo game right away? You seemed ok with waiting to play their best game so it shouldn't be an issue.

Bite the bullet. You're not poverty stricken are you? Just make sure you buy Zack & Wiki with it.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I am more unbiased than Cindy. I have the machine and I see how much he laments the lack of titles and that is backed up in my experience.. I feel he really should hold out for a deal.. Skipping past my first line I strongly suggest he buys locally.

We don't want him lashing out and doing something silly just because his 360 broke. Imagine if everyone lashed out when their 360 broke.. The world would be reduced to a state of Anarchy!

PS: SMG FTW. One day you do actually need to play this Cindy.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

I just bought a Wii via DVDBO. Shipping was the killer as they only do DHL courier delivery. But to my door, with an estimated shipping time of 3-5 days (International) via courier with tracking it was $460AU in the end.

I'm looking forward to cheaper import games, as well as not having to wait for local release of any game I intend to play down the track. Plus the back catalogue of decent Cube titles which will be easier to find in NTSC format.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Candy I will sell you my copy of Paper Mario for $50 shipped.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

Look at all that shovelware.
God I hate smashmouth and the offspring.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

:lol: :lol:
Holy crap. Candy, you're getting a Wii? That's awesome. I can't wait. Awesome threads incoming! :up:

SMG - That's your lot.
WiiSports is ok too.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

I really will go in to bat for No More Heroes and Metroid Prime 3.

No More Heroes is like a love letter to retro games, even though it has its own faults.

Metroid Prime 3 has brilliant FPS controls that really do demonstrate how Wii controls can well.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Geometry Wars is really good if you like hammering away at high scores. As far as the content goes, think of Retro/Evolved as one level in Galaxies, then there's 50 or so others. The Wiimote controls take some time, but are really tight. I'd also recommend Trauma Centre. I really liked the DS version, and even though the levels are much the same on the Wii, the change of controls makes for a different experience. I seem to recall you not being a fan of the whole mini-game compilation thing, but if you want to go there look no further than WarioWare.

Moreso than any other system, I really recommend trying games before buying with the Wii. Some games with motion control are great, others suck huge balls. Even then, there's a lot of games that are hard to get into if you only have a short time with them. I didn't like my initial games of Excite Truck, but I'm a lot steadier with the controller these days, and I've picked it up again and quite like it.

Metroid Prime 3 and Galaxy really are the shit though, you'll be impressed.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I really liked Paper Mario TTYD even though it did drag along a tad. Will that be of assistance with PM on Wii?

Also is the GC BC of qualerty? I am feeling the urge for a run through Twin Snakes. What can I say? MGS4's impending arrival has me in the mood for the series.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

GC playback is GC quality.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

I can't wait for the Corey style buyer's regret threads.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

westical wrote:I can't wait for the Corey style buyer's regret threads.
I think if I only get it with the games I really want for a decent deal I'll find it hard to suffer buyer's remorse.

Plus it wouldn't be Corey style, it would be Candy style trolling and it would be glorious.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

This peanut is more likely to buy a Wii than Cindy is.... :lol:
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Blotto
Man Fairy